Friday, February 15, 2013

“LUCY,” THERE’S SOME SPLAININ’ TO DO! – PART 1


“LUCY,” THERE’S SOME SPLAININ’ TO DO! – PART 1
A great article from Carl Kerby at Reasons for Hope
February 14, 2013

Okay, so I’m dating myself! For you young folks that don’t remember the I Love Lucy TV series, the phrase “you’ve got some ‘splainin to do” was a frequent response from the zany redhead’s husband — usually when she did something that got her in trouble. Well, this “Lucy” has been speaking to people ever since she was discovered, and we think she “has some splainin’ to do.”

Over the years I’ve had to deal with the supposed evidence that is said to support the “Lucy” pictured above. Before we examine that evidence, may I remind you that it’s imperative for Christians to study to show themselves approved (2 Timothy 2:15) and that we are always to be ready to give an answer for what we believe (1 Peter 3:15). Let me hasten to say that the Bible is the most important book that we can study. But, we also need to be aware of the stumbling blocks that can keep us from effectively communicating to the lost. Therefore, we must be aware of the information the world is using to cast doubt on the Word of God.

The best way to address unbiblical claims is to offer knowledge and answers on the subject, from a biblical perspective, and then encourage people to do more research. Let them decide if what is being taught is true or false.

I’d now like to share with you how I respond to questions about our supposed evolutionary ancestor, Lucy. We’ll cover this information in three articles.

Reconstructions and pictures of Lucy, always depict her as an upright-walking, apelike ancestor — a clear “missing link” between man and ape.

[Read the rest of the article at Reasons for Hope.] 

http://www.rforh.com/blog/lucy-theres-some-splainen-to-do-part-1/
  
Read more: http://kirkcameron.com/2013/02/lucy-theres-some-splainin-to-do-part-1/#ixzz2KytbVHi4

https://www.facebook.com/idfonline      Israel Defense Forces

These are the links to sites that I get the verses, articles or resources that I post on this blog. All content of these sites belong to them and I do not necessarily share the same views or believe all the same Biblical doctrine of the owners of these sites. I post their links because I have used content from their site on this blog and I want to give them the credit.



No comments:

Post a Comment