Wednesday, January 6, 2016

What does the Bible say about OMG?

 I saw this post by Leslie on her Growing 4 Life blog and I thought I'd share it here because  it is such an important issue and not to be taken lightly so only one post today.

Her post is here http://growing4life.net/what-does-the-bible-say-about-omg/ and the comments below are mine.


I hear so many Christians say “Oh, my God!” or use OMG in texts, Facebook, on T-Shirts, etc. and it drives me crazy...it is irreverent to God and most definitely blasphemy…if you’ve done this you need to take a few minutes to read your Bible and think about what you’re really doing. It might be a bad habit that you’ve never thought about before and it may take some work and even prayer to get past it but I do believe it is necessary to purge this term from our vocabulary. You may even need to apologize to any non-saved people that you’ve said this to or around and let them know it isn’t right and that it something you’re working on. I know it will be hard but this world must know that God is not to be taken lightly and we must have a good testimony to this lost and dying world. If they see so-called Christians being so disrespectful and irreverent to our God why would they behave any differently towards Him. I’m not calling anybody out or referring to anything specific and I know I have my faults as well but this has become a serious issue among today’s professing Christians. God does not take this lightly and neither should we.




Jamie












No comments:

Post a Comment