Monday, July 21, 2014

KJV Word of the Day:









SATIATEverb transitive sa'shate. [Latin satiatus, from satio. See sate.]
1. To fill; to satisfy appetite or desire; to feed to the full, or to furnish enjoyment to the extent of desire; as, to satiate appetite or sense.
2. To fill to the extent of want; as, to satiate the earth or plants with water.
3. To glut; to fill beyond natural desire.
He may be satiated, but not satisfied.
4. To gratify desire to the utmost.
I may yet survive the malice of my enemies, although they should be satiated with my blood.
5. To saturate. [Not unusual. See saturate.]
SA'TIATEadjective Filled to satiety; glutted; followed by with or of. the former is most common; as satiate of applause. [Unusual.]
First occurrence in the Bible(KJV): Jeremiah 31:14 And I will satiate the soul of the priests with fatness, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, saith the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment